Sustainable, multilingual and innovative: South Tyrol is Italy’s number one business location and is an attractive place for firms and qualified workers from home and abroad. And South Tyrol has also acquired international renown as a place for filming through its film promotion policy and its breath-taking locations.
IDM is contributing to the further development of South Tyrol in a manner which, on the one hand, will ensure that the territory will be more productive for economic growth, and at the same time the landscape will maintain intact its areas of natural habitat. Outwardly South Tyrol will be presented as an attractive business location in order to draw innovative entrepreneurs into the Province. Economic strength and highly qualified jobs will be created by bringing together domestic and foreign companies. South Tyrol will thus develop sustainably into one of the most interesting areas in Europe to live and to work in.
Location Development Aims over the next few years:
- Promoting innovation by running the NOI Techpark involving local companies
- Positioning and promoting South Tyrol as an attractive place to live for skilled workers
- Extending and developing South Tyrol’s areas of strength – eco-systems
- Digitalisation: developing a geo-database accessible to a wide range of people and institutions
- Developing the creative industries
- Mobility and accessibility: improving traffic flow.