The forestry and timber industry is the most important sector for the social and economic development of South Tyrol, especially for rural districts.
The aim of the Wood ecosystem is to network science and the economy in order to develop the sector and local firms, leading to greater competitiveness. Together we will further increase networking between firms and will facilitate their access to research institutions.
Our work priorities are:
- Subsidies and support for firms engaged in the development of products
- Cooperation in the areas of research and development
- Support for regional pilot projects and joint business ventures
- Development and strengthening of networking between science and the economy along the forestry and timber added value chain
- Transfer of knowledge and technology
The Ecosystems of IDM Südtirol / Alto Adige were assessed on December 14th, 2016 according to the Silver Label approach developed and performed by the "European Secretariat for Cluster Analysis“. The Ecosystems fulfill selected indicators of the European Cluster Excellence Initiative and develops its processes and tools continuously. The Ecosystems receives the Silver Label of Cluster Management Excellence valid until December 31st, 2018.